Police Credit has partnered with American Express Foreign Exchange Services to offer you simple solutions to your foreign currency requirements. Whether you are going overseas for a shopping spree or sending money to a family member abroad for their birthday, we offer a range of secure and convenient options to suit your needs.
With over 150 years of experience in Foreign Exchange, you can trust American Express with your foreign currency requirements. Benefit from their exceptional service and superior foreign exchange expertise as one of the most established and respected providers of foreign exchange, globally.
- Telegraphic Transfers: Make quick and cost effective international payments in over 100 currencies. A telegraphic transfer (TT) is a secure, convenient and electronic means of depositing funds directly into an account overseas.
- Incoming Telegraphic Transfers: An incoming overseas deposit allows you to receive foreign currency into your Police Credit account and be converted into Australian dollars (AUD).
- Foreign Currency Drafts: Foreign currency bank drafts are issued in 16 major currencies and offer a secure way to send small amounts of money abroad.
- Foreign Cash: You can order your foreign currency either online, by calling Member Response on 13 63 73 & pressing 3 or by visiting one of our branches.
It will be available for collection from your nearest Police Credit or American Express branch within 48 hours. Foreign cash is available in over 60 currencies.
- American Express Travellers Cheques: Available in 6 major currencies, American Express Travellers Cheques are considered to be one of the safest forms of travel money and are accepted worldwide and are replaceable within 24 hours if lost or stolen. Travellers cheques are available for purchase online.
Saving your time & money
A Telegraphic Transfer (TT) allows you to electronically transfer funds directly into your beneficiary’s account in a specified currency, both overseas and within Australia. TT's are the preferred method to make large value international payments as they are processed quickly, cost-effectively and securely in over 100 currencies.
To send a TT, you will need to contact your closest branch who will facilitate the payment for you. You will be required to provide the following information in order to process a TT with us:
- Bank name
- Bank Address
- International Bank Account Number (IBAN)
This cost-effective online payment solution allows you to make international payments quickly and conveniently.
- A $30 fee is charged for payment of funds to another institution, overseas, by Telegraphic Transfer
- A $41 fee for AUD for payment of funds to another institution, overseas, by Telegraphic Transfer
- The corresponding bank/s may also charge a handling and acceptance fee or fees.
We recommend that you review the amount of money you are sending against the possible fees the corresponding banks may charge.
For more information, please refer to the Telegraphic Transfers Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and Fees and Charges PDS.
Back to top
Incoming Telegraphic Transfers
An incoming overseas deposit allows you to receive foreign currency into your Police Credit account and be converted into Australian dollars (AUD).
Download an information sheet containing all the information you need to receive an Incoming Telegraphic Transfer.
- It is essential to include 'for further credit to Police Credit (Full Name & Member Number)' in the payment notes.
When sending funds from a foreign bank account, please advise the sending financial institution that the transfer must remain in the same currency and NOT be converted into AUD. This can also be included in the 'Payment Notes'. Police Credit will arrange the conversion to AUD through our partners at American Express.
Back to top
Foreign Currency Drafts
Simple way to pay
Foreign Currency Bank Drafts, commonly called drafts or foreign currency cheques are simply bank cheques (drawn on a foreign bank) made to a recipient who can deposit the cheque directly into their own account. Drafts are an ideal payment method when you have small amounts to pay or you do not know the banking details of the person or beneficiary you need to send money to. Drafts can be ordered by calling Police Credit on 13 63 73 & pressing 3 and can be collected at your nearest PC or American Express branch or mailed directly to you.
Simplify low value payments to your recipients with this trusted payment method.Back to top
We have the currency the locals prefer
With over 60 currencies available we are confident we can provide you with the
foreign cash you require, no matter where in the world you are going.
You can order at your convenience either online, by calling
Police Credit on 13 63 73 & pressing 3 or visiting a branch.
Your foreign cash will be available for collection within
48 hours from any one of our branches or an
American Express Foreign Exchange office of your choice.
Don't leave home without some cash on hand to pay for
those immediate needs or unexpected charges.
Order your foreign cash or travellers cheques onlineBack to top
View current rates
American Express Travellers Cheques
Protect your travel funds
American Express Travellers Cheques are a safe and easy way to protect your spending money whilst travelling. They are available in 6 major currencies and universally accepted. Should you have the misfortune of having your Travellers Cheques stolen or losing them, they are replaceable within 24 hours, virtually anywhere in the world. There is also no expiration date so you can always save unused cheques for another trip.
With American Express Travellers Cheques
your travel funds are protected and you will
never be stranded without access to your money.
Order your foreign cash or travellers cheques online
View current rates
Encashment and acceptance locations
Back to top
For more information, please view our FAQ.
The information contained in this document is general and has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. You should read the PDS and consider the appropriateness of international payments in relation to your individual requirements. With regard to the travellers cheques please read the Traveller's Cheques Disclosure Document and consider the appropriateness of travellers cheques in relation to your individual requirements before purchasing American Express Travellers Cheques. Police Financial Services Limited ABN 33 087 651 661 AFSL 240293 is acting as an agent of American Express International Inc ABN 15 000 618 206 AFSL 237996 in the provision of travellers cheques, foreign currency cheque and cash conversion, international telegraphic transfers and drafts and as an agent for Travelex Limited ABN ABN 36 004 179 953 AFSL AFSL 222444 in the provision of telegraphic transfers, drafts and foreign currency cheque conversion.